Welcome to the Lake Youngs PTSA Science Fair! This packet contains all of the information you will need to participate in the science fair including how to select a project, how to start your project, etc. It seems a bit long, but we have divided it into short sections to make it easy to read and use.
We are pleased to invite all parents and students K-6 (especially those who have not participated in a science fair) to attend at least one of our informal parent/student help sessions (see the dates listed below). These are workshops where we can review all of the rules with you, help you select a project and get started, and answer any questions (or problems) about your specific experiment. We are very pleased to announce that committee members and judges will be available throughout the science fair season to help with your project at any time – their contact information is listed and the end of this packet.
- January 8 Kick-off assembly during school
- January 9 Kick-off assembly during school
- January 22 First student/parent help session in the library at 7:00
- February 6 Second student/parent help session in the library at 7:00
- February 26 Third student/parent help session in the library at 7:00
- March 13 Turn in projects between 9:00 AM and 2:30 PM
- March 14 Students view projects with their class during school
- March 15 Judging day during school
- March 15 Parent/friend viewing between 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM in the school gym