Save the Date! Come have some fun before school starts at the Welcome Back to School Night on Tuesday, August 26th from 6:00-7:30. There will be fun games & prizes for the kids, get your spirit wear and it’s a great opportunity to sign up for volunteer opportunities or just see what the PTSA has cookin’ for this year. It’s fun for the whole family! If you’d like to volunteer at this event, please contact us. We hope to see you there!
Save the Date! A dinner auction featuring both silent and live auctions is slated for Friday, March 13, 2015 at the Fairwood Golf and Country Club. John Curley will once again be our auctioneer. You won’t want to miss this spectacular event so mark your calendars now! Planning is just getting underway, if you’d like to help with this huge event, please contact us.
The Reflections theme for this year is “The world would be a better place if…..”. More information will be coming in the fall regarding Reflections, but students could certainly start thinking about what they want to do for their entries now. The Reflections Program is a National PTA and WSPTA cultural arts competition. The purpose is to provide an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works. Continue reading
LY PTSA Would Like to Say Thank You for the “Gifts” You have given us this year!!
The Lake Youngs PTA has really rallied to accomplish so much. I’d like to take a moment and reflect on all the “gifts” you have given to the students, school and staff this year:
- Built a strong PTA with the membership of 167 members
- Gave 250 students and their families free movie nights
- Served Pancake breakfasts to send students on field trips
- Donated 9 lunches for 55 teachers and staff
- Sold 92 in plants for the profit of $2,702,35
- Supported 98 6th graders for camp
- Sponsored 2nd Grade quilts
- Sponsored two assemblies
- Sponsored several field trips
- Gifted grade level grants and teacher grants
- Donated hundreds of books thru the Book Fair to the Library and Classrooms
- Supported 168 Science Fair Projects and Awards
- Got the kids to walk 4,600 laps for their school to raise over $5,000
- Clipped and taped 16,048 of box tops to raise $1,6O4.80
- Exposed 120 families to art and artists during the art walk
- Listened to beautiful music from the choir, band and orchestra at several of our events
- Raised countless donations to the KAC Clothing Bank to dress local children in need
- Passed out 1901 gifts, books, and prizes for Grizzly reader and read 1,130,800 minutes, handed out 23 top reader awards
- Gave away over a hundred books at bingo for book night
- Ate 5 tubs of ice cream and toppings at ice cream socials
- Popped 1400 bags of Popcorn, rain or shine
- Created an “EPIC” 6th grade party
- Fostered 2,720 pieces of student produced art thru the Art Docent Program
- Countless hours in class rooms
- Wrote 44 pages of meeting notes
- 2669 copies of a perfect monthly Newsletter
- Priceless hours keeping people informed of events on the website and Facebook
- Hand out 400+ ride bracelets, Auction and raffle thousands of items, Painted hundreds of faces, Handed out hundreds of hamburgers, hot dogs, salads & cotton candy, gave away over 300 hats, Handed out enough candy to make your dentist cringe- maybe a few tummy aches. Provided over 300 families affordable fun! $4500 in ticket & food pack sales, 150 volunteers, 50 baked good donations
- Raised $2483.15 at Basket Raffle/Auction
- Wrote thousands of dollars in checks!!
- Dressed hundreds of children in Kent with help to the Clothing Bank
- Created “Spirit” in the school with over 150 Spirit Sale items
- Greeted well over 200 families, and provided treats and refreshments on the first day of school, KG round-up, Hi-Cap Orientation, School BBQ, and Science Fair Judges.
The magnitude of your “Gifts” is measurable in numbers, but what it does for a child and their family is an unforgettable memory. You all are truly a “Gift” to so many students, parents and teachers and I just wanted to take a moment to share and reflect. Now relax and have a wonderful summer!!
Thank you for all that you do!